This is my simple Bear Mitigation Spreadsheet. It is based heavily on Fasc’s Bear Tank Spreadsheet, and also based on a lot of input from Toskk who co-wrote the Toskk Bear TTL Calculator with Dorkasaur, both of which are not actively maintained anymore. I’ve made my spreadsheet focus on determining Relative Stat Values for a particular character’s current gear setup. I’ve also made it more accessible by implementing it as a Google Docs Spreadsheet.
- Visit the Bear Mitigation Spreadsheet at http://goo.gl/ln8VE.
- The values in the yellow box section show the Relative Stat Value normalized against Agility (aka Agility Equivalent Points) for my current tanking gear.
- Go to File -> Make a Copy, to make a copy of the spreadsheet into your own Google Docs account. Alternatively, download the spreadsheet in your preferred format.
- Make sure you have no buffs activated.
- Make sure you are in caster form.
- When obtaining the armor values, you will need to separate armor and bonus armor. Mouse over your armor and you should see something like “Armor 11358 (11108 +250)”, in which case enter 11108 as your armor, and 250 as your bonus armor.
- The spreadsheet reports three measures. Mitigation RSV should be used by Mitigation-stacking fanbois, Time To Live should be used by Stamina-stacking fanbois, DPS is for… well.. DPSing.
- The stuff in the purple section can be modified to suit your needs if you understand what they are about. You probably should not touch anything else unless you know what you are doing.
Some known issues with the model used by the spreadsheet. They are generally very minor and generally a lot more trouble than it is worth to fix them, and should have little impact on the RSVs calculated.
- The Savage Defense is based on an over-idealized model, in reality Savage Defense uptime should be ~0.2-0.5% lower. This one requires Monte Carlo simulations beyond the scope of a spreadsheet to fix, but I may in future fix it using linear analysis modeling.
- The vengeance decay model is slightly inaccurate for bosses with attack speed > 2.0s
- Does not take into account procs and cooldowns usage.
- DPS model assumes fixed 18s rotation that doesn’t consider miss/parry/block, 100% Pulverize uptime, no Berserk procs and infinite rage.
Please try it out and let me know what you think, thanks!