We’ve gone 9/14 normal in our first week, and I’m here to share some notes with you. I’ll do the first four encounters today, with others to follow later. As per usual if I don’t mention something specifically, just assume you can do whatever you want. From now on in the Gear sections I’m just going to assume that everyone will be going RPS. Instead I will point out potential opportunities to use the DPS LMG or Cloak.
- Trash: I don’t really know if the trash does anything at all. I know you only have to clear one side of the stairway, but that’s really it.
- Talents: Wild Charge, Typhoon, SotF, Bash.
- Glyphs: N/A.
- Gear: The boss does basically no damage, can definitely get away with using the DPS LMG and/or cloak.
- You can’t really do anything to heal the blue adds, so just focus on the black ones.
- Charge, Typhoon, and Bash are all great for cc’ing the slimes.
- Swap after each Corrosive Blast.
- Don’t stand in puddles..
- Don’t get hit by the wave.
- Incarnation is very likely to get completely wasted later on in the fight. Might as well go with SotF.
- Trash: None.
- Talents: FS/WC, Incarnation/SotF, NV/DoC
- Glyphs: N/A.
- Gear: Plenty of cleave opportunities makes a great reason to bring the DPS cloak. I’d probably go with the tank LMG though, as pushing a Protector over at the wrong time is bad news.
- If you end up tanking Rook, make sure you face him away from the raid when you go in for Sun’s Desperate Measures.
- Remember to turn around for He’s Gouge.
- You generally want to avoid pushing over more than one Protector at a time.
- We stacked all 3 Protectors for Inferno Strike and killed Sorrow first during Rook’s Desperate Measures.
- Trash: Stay right as you start down the hill from the Protectors area. This will allow you to skip most of this huge trash area. None of it does anything particularly interesting.
- Talents: FS, Incarnation/SotF, Bash, NV/DoC.
- Glyphs: Stampeding Roar.
- Gear: Not much cleave to be had, although you could help out by using the DPS LMG – especially once purified.
- The “tank” trial is pretty easy: Run out of Titanic Smash, and interrupt Hurl Corrpution.
- Swap every 3-4 stacks or so.
- Later on in the fight you’ll need to soak Residual Corruption. Remember you can only soak until 100 Corruption.
- Send your best DPS and healers into the tests first. Tanks shouldn’t start going until the 3rd or 4th group at the earliest.
- The tank that isn’t active on the Amalgam of Corruption should be picking up Manifestation of Corruption.
- Don’t get hit by the laser.
- There isn’t really a “good” time to use HotW, although if you get purified first you could probably arrange it.
Sha of Pride
- Trash: Dodge purple stuff on the ground. Yes you have to kill all of it.
- Talents: FS, SotF/Incarnation, NV/DoC.
- Glyphs: N/A.
- Gear: The boss himself does hardly any damage, can probably use both DPS legendaries.
- Swap immediately for Wounded Pride.
- Don’t get hit by the sha explosions when they spawn.
- If you’re not actively tanking feel free to help out with Reflections if no swap or Prison is happening soon.
- We had tanks handle the SE prison by themselves since the large add spawns on the west wall.
- This fight is super boring as a tank.
Siege of Orgrimmar Discussion Threads
If you have questions about something that isn’t covered here, please check out our Siege of Orgrimmar threads over in the forums.